It's time to revive. 2015 is the year of reviving, renewing, redoing, and rebuilding to reintroduce life to a dear, loved, missed, now returned being.
I will not recap the end of 2014. I will not recap what has been happening. I will only be looking forward.
For whatever reason, I'm being presented with a do-over, an opportunity to repair and change and positively thrive and I'm trying my best to keep breathing through pretty much every aspect of my life drastically changing at once. It's difficult to keep my head above the water just enough to remain alive enough to allow a small amount of oxygen, but it is new and exciting and feels like moving into a new home - bigger and seemingly vast, but knowing that I will grow into it and will come to embrace it as a roomier home. It's exciting and overwhelming simultaneously.
Running has been taking a backseat. That is more of an understatement than I really care to admit, and in a different time and space there is a version of myself shouting in disdain, in shame, in rain, in shame, shame, shame...lame. I have no excuse other than to say that sometimes when everything is shifting at once, something has to give a little, and perhaps that something has been running. I have been on RunStrike, but the picket line will be crossed.
But, today is enough and tomorrow: a new pair of shoes, a new model, a new brand are arriving in the post and it will commence once again.
The sun is shining today. The sun will shine tomorrow. The harbor will be there, the boats are out and the gulls have returned home. The only part that is missing is me and it's time for me to rejoin my family in the dusty sunrise hopeful downtown wonderment.
No comments:
Post a Comment