Friday, August 7, 2015

Overhaul.

In the next few days I'm blowing the dust off this blog for good and it's getting an overhaul.

I've realized...enough already with the heady, overly emotional writing with twists of sadness and pangs of longing.  Yes, there are shards of life that are rather ragged and raw and others still that are very far from livable that challenge me daily.  Hourly!  However, perhaps this melancholy flailing over the past dozen months has been due to boredom or loneliness or needing something new.  That last one especially has so many meanings.

But, all of this madness truly started in the first place with a winning lottery ticket in 2007.  That was the point of no return, where I crossed the line from competitive Division college XC runner to marathoner into my joyful, passionate madness.

Well, apparently the universe has new plans for me because I recently won a new lottery.  I gained entry into the Stonecat 50 Mile ultra marathon in November.  I used to swear up and down that I would never do an Ultra.  However, 2015 truly had been the year of doing a lot of things that I used to say I'd never do, so I suppose running is not immune.

...

I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, no coach, no clue.  I'm following my own schedule and am adopting my own twist on a new (to me anyway) training diet.  I feel a need to heavily write about all of this between now and this early November race, either to document a possible new found love, the worst idea ever, something I should have probably been doing all these years, or my imminent demise at the mercy of my own numbskull tendencies - who knows.  There will be much, much more to come, so settle in, put those feet up and hold on tight for this one.  I have a feeling it's going to get pretty juicy.

1 comment: