In my line of work, the beginning is Baseline and that is where everything starts. Baseline is an evaluation of everything in its current state prior to whatever course of systematic trial events to follow.
I suppose right now I'm in my own version of Baseline, but I am not a fan of flux; I find it frustrating. However, I also know deep within my bones that it is all well and good, because big changes are underway, and although Baseline is not pleasing, things are in-process of getting better. I'll get there and when I arrive, it will be nothing short of greatness.
Yesterday I ran a 5k. I haven't done a 5k in quite sometime, and while I was running the 5k I cut the negative-speak, told myself to just shut up and do my best, and that I would use it as Baseline. I wish I had done better, but I'm also excited because this means that there is room for improvement, and improving in general, I am doing. I placed 254 out of 1717 overall, I did a 7:37 minute mile and my overall time was 23:37. Not bad, but not certainly not my best. Indeed, I have my work cut out for me, but that's also my current theme all around.
Once finished, home, showered, Paleo'd, and over to a friend's house I drank root beer and San Pelligrino with a splash of cranberry rather than the sangria and red wine that everyone else was consuming and just lied about it. I skipped the pizza and ate celery (and had some lobster bisque and my body went crazy - I haven't had butter in three months). I am trying to lose some weight, but at the same time am concerned, because there are things in my life that are keeping my Baseline mental state upset, and when I'm underlying upset, I do not eat. At all. As in, I need to consciously remind myself to eat and force-feed myself rather than simply subsisting off of caffeine and vitamins. Its as if when I'm underlying upset I try to make myself disappear, because when I'm underlying upset I want to just vanish. Poof.
But, we are at Baseline, so let's move onwards and upwards shall we?
No comments:
Post a Comment